Gladwyne 19035, Pennsylvania
Riverbend Environmental Education Center seeks a highly motivated Development Coordinator to support a dynamic, growing non-profit. Located in Gladwyne, Pennsylvania, Riverbend facilitates authentic learning experiences for children through a direct connection with nature. Offering a rich array of programs, Riverbend creates awareness, builds knowledge and provides the foundation for students to make good environmental decisions. Riverbend has 35,000 program visits annually, including 23,500 school student visits on and offsite.
The Development Coordinator provides critical support for Riverbend’s fundraising team including but not limited to donor research, database reports, administrative support, gift processing, special event and volunteer management. It is an exciting opportunity for a highly organized professional who is detail oriented and who is skilled at creating and implementing systems and processes to achieve organizational goals.
This person should be comfortable meeting and interacting with donors, program participants, board and staff. It is important to be enthusiastic about fundraising and Riverbend’s environmental education mission. The office setting is often fast-paced and requires the ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines. Candidates should be comfortable in a smaller, informal work environment.
The Development Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Development. Some evenings and weekends will be required. Candidates must be able to drive, have a personal automobile and valid insurance.
This is a 30 to 40 hour per week position. Riverbend will consider part-time and full-time schedules for the right candidate. Please include your preference.
- Conduct preliminary research on donors and prospective donors.
- Help to maintain donor database, process gifts, prepare gift acknowledgment letters and other donor-related correspondence.
- Generate fundraising reports as needed.
- Coordinate mailings including brochure distributions, membership renewals, annual appeals, and special event invitation mailings.
- Help prepare for and attend all development committee meetings, special event committee meetings; draft minutes for those meetings.
- General administrative support as necessary.
Special Events Responsibilities:
- Assist with management of two major special events annually.
- Manage smaller cultivation events throughout the year.
- Develop event timelines and schedules.
- Maintain guest lists, prepare registration materials, and help with other duties as assigned for fundraising events.
- Hire and manage vendors as needed.
- Coordinate and assist special event volunteers.
Qualified Candidates Possess:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Minimum 2-3 years of development experience
- Superior systems and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Special event experience and excellent project management skills
- High level of proficiency using Excel.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office platforms and Google Docs
- Competence in donor/relationship software; Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Dependable, with a strong work ethic and self-motivation
- Self-starter, with demonstrated ability to take initiative and meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment and demonstrated flexibility in meeting shifting demands and priorities
- A positive attitude and collaborative approach to working on a team
Riverbend offers a competitive salary; benefits provided for full-time employees.
To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume to Lisa Hancock, Director of Development, [email protected].
No phone calls please.
Contact: Director of Development Lisa Hancock
E-Mail: [email protected]
Mailing Address: 1950 Spring Mill Rd, Riverbend Environmental Educat