Cambridge 02138, Massachusetts
The Development Associate plays a key role in the Harvard Kennedy School’s (HKS) focus on international fundraising, particularly in Latin America, Africa, Europe and South Asia. Through the Development Associate’s work, the relationship between the Kennedy School and its internationally-minded alumni and associates is strengthened and deepened.
The Development Associate prospects, cultivates, solicits, and stewards an internationally oriented portfolio of current and prospective donors. The Development Associate is expected to spend his/her time between geographic and programmatic responsibilities, visiting and cultivating international prospects in balance with work with the more internationally oriented centers at HKS, including the Center for International Development, the Carr Center for Human Rights Policy and the Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs. Other projects and programs may be assigned as needed. This position contributes to meeting and exceeding department revenue goals by developing and executing prospect strategies, contributing to the international strategy of HKS, cultivating and stewarding prospects and donors, and directly soliciting gifts.
- Reporting to and working closely with a Director of Development, the Development Associate identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards donors and prospective donors in his/her assigned regional fundraising portfolio.
- Manages an internationally oriented portfolio of assigned donors and prospects and makes 75 face-to-face visits per fiscal year.
- The Associate will research and prepare background information, draft high level strategy briefings for faculty, senior administrators and volunteers, and draft correspondence or other communications.
- The Associate works with senior staff to strategize and plan development trips. May coordinate any or all aspects of development travel including prospect identification, scheduling, logistics, travel arrangements, briefing, staffing and follow-up correspondence.
- The Associate will actively participate in the international engagement strategy of HKS
- Manages research needs for assigned portfolio
- Makes 6 solicitations of $50,000 or more per year and 12 solicitations of $25,000 or more per year. Identifies 50 new prospects per year and qualifies 5-10 prospects per year. As a member of the Alumni Relations and Resource Development Office team, takes on critical project work as needed. This might include working on campaign planning efforts, development committee meetings or events, drafting reports and presentations or writing proposals.
- Performs other responsibilities upon request, as needed, with or without accommodation.
- The above covers the most significant responsibilities of this position. It does not, however, exclude other duties, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the level of the position.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Minimum of 2.5 years of development or comparable experience required.
To Apply: Please use the following link
Contact: Erin Sharicz
E-Mail: [email protected]