Development and Marketing Coordinator
West Chester 19382, Pennsylvania
The Crime Victims' Center of Chester County, Inc provides free, immediate, and confidential crisis response and compassionate support to children and adults victimized by crime and violence. We provide assistance through counseling, advocacy, resources and education. The Center fosters community awareness and understanding through its comprehensive outreach and prevention programs.
The Development and Marketing Coordinator purpose is to provide fundraising and promotion services to the agency, including oversight of website/social media projects, grant-writing, and statistical submissions to all funders. Through these activities’ this position raises awareness about CVC’s services as they relate to sexual assault and other crimes. It also increases awareness of general issues of sexual assault and all other crimes.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Procuring financial support for the agency from traditional plus new innovative sources including but not limited to government (federal, state & local); regional foundations, trusts, charities and area United Ways.
- Primary responsibility for all grant submissions including deadlines and content. VP of Operations shall assist with PCAR and PCCD applications.
- Primary responsibility for researching new funding sources.
- Maintain funding contracts and database of funding sources within general filing system.
- Generate reports as required by all funders.
Responsible for Major Gifts and Annual Campaign
- Work closely with the CEO and Board to plant an implement a Major Gifts and Annual Campaign
- Identify and cultivate prospective donors in collaboration with the CEO and Board.
- Develop and manage direct mail and email appeals
- Maintain donor database
- Manage and implement donor recognition programs including thank you letters, donor recognition events and other methods as developed.
Primary responsibility for CVC marketing including website, flyers, brochures and social media presence.
- Serve as agency’s graphic designer and webmaster.
- Manage CVC’s social media presence including overseeing the accuracy and timeliness of information displayed in agency’s website and social media outlets, maintaining consistency with CVC’s Vision and Mission.
- Prepare and manage media releases in a timely fashion to communicate CVC’s story.
Serve as a key staff member in organizing/ implementing agency-wide events (e.g. Annual Gala, Race Against Violence)
- Work with the CEO to form a committee of CVC staff and non CVC staff to organize the Race Against Violence and the Annual Gala
- If other events are planned will work with the CEO to determine level of involvement.
- Work with the Accountant and/or Bookkeeper to provide any information necessary to track all funding sources.
- Prepare Development reports as needed.
- Adhere to CVC policies and procedures supporting the goals and mission of the agency while meeting or exceeding budgeted funding requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree (business administration or marketing preferred) and/or 2-4 years of experience in fund-raising, event planning and/or public relations.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize experience, judgment, and expertise in planning and accomplishing goals utilizing a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in word processing, databases, and spreadsheets, including but not limited to MS Word and Excel.
- Skilled in planning, coordinating and delegating tasks with flexibility and accountability.
- Task-oriented and organized.
REQUIRED TRAINING/OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must attend any training required by PCAR, PCCD or other funder.
- A Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance Criminal History and FBI Clearance must be obtained upon employment.
- Must possess a current valid drivers license, have the use of an automobile during the working hours.
- Must show evidence of proper automobile insurance coverage.
To Apply: Email a cover letter and resume to the CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: CEO Christine Zaccarelli
Salary: Negotiable Based on Experience
Mailing Address: 135-137 West Market Street