PLYMOUTH MEETING 19462, Pennsylvania
For Pete’s Sake Cancer Respite Foundation (FPS) helps adult cancer patients and their loved ones confront cancer hardships together through respite travel experiences which strengthen the healing force of their bonds and create immeasurable joy amidst devastating crisis. We strengthen the hearts of these courageous individuals as they battle the psychological, emotional, economic and spiritual trauma that accompanies a cancer diagnosis. This respite vacation is in a comfortable, secure environment that fosters a celebration of love in the face of uncertainty, affords vital reflection and relaxation in the midst of turmoil and promotes faith and inspiration in the shadow of adversity. Lasting memories of this excursion help to show that it is the patients’ priceless lives, not the cancer that define them.
The Database Specialist is charged with effectively and correctly entering all data related to donors and development efforts into the Raiser’s Edge Database with integration of this platform with TeamRaiser and One Cause. He/she will assist Development Staff and the CEO in an administrative role for all tasks related to the organization’s development efforts, including relationship and event management. Additionally, he/she will assist the Program and Operations Officer with the Salesforce software to manage our respite vacation program which is currently being constructed.
This position reports to the CEO and Chief Advancement Officer.
Data Base Management
Raiser's Edge Entry and Reporting
Entering constituent and gift data into the Raiser’s Edge following internal guidelines and the FPS donor relationship policy. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Entering of offline gifts (cash, check)
- Processing of Illuminate (Team Raiser) connector
- Processing of Online Express (OLX) connector
- Processing of One Cause (Bidpal) connector
- Entering of recurring donations in appropriate manner (United Way, monthly donors, etc.)
- Administrative, program and development in kind donations
- Processing daily tax receipts related to gift entries following the FPS donor relationship policy, ensuring the letters are signed by appropriate parties, addressing, posting and mailing daily receipts.
- Assisting in entering and closing proposals when gifts are received under the direction of appropriate parties;
- Updating donors and volunteers with proper constituent codes and attributes;
- Suggesting improvements and better tracking methods as needed;
Running reports as needed by Development Staff, including but not limited to:
- Mailing lists
- Donor lists
- Data analysis
- Event lists
- Proposal and Gift Reports (weekly)
- Honor/Memorial recognition lists
- Updating constituent information as needed;
- Reconciling credit card donations receive through Illuminate and OLX, etc. with the Finance Officer to credit gifts to appropriate FPS funds and appeals;
- Scanning and enter information on Media tab as needed;
- Verifying data is accurate and notify Chief Advancement Officer if there seems to be a recurring problem or issue needed to be solved;
- Ensuring template letters in Raiser’s Edge are correct and updated annually by the Chief Advancement Officer;
- Participating in local user groups and utilizing the Raiser’s Edge forum and knowledgebase to solve data entry issues and learn best practices;
- Tracking actions and communication in Raiser’s Edge as directed and outlined in policy;
- Participating in clean-up efforts as directed in regards to recoding, merging constituents, etc.
- Entering constituent and gift data into the Raiser’s Edge following internal guidelines and the FPS donor relationship policy. This includes, but is not limited to:
Team Raiser Integration and Event Support
- Assist with set up of Team Raiser Software for FPS Annual Walk and other related community events.
- Design framework for use of Team Raiser with automated responders, team emails, graphic designs, and other outputs necessary for successful online Team Raiser presence.
- Work with Event Coordinator and external community event volunteers to ensure successful technology integration for event coordination.
- Enter all event related gifts via Team Raiser into related Raisers Edge platform.
One Cause Integration
- Coordinate with Event Coordinator for set up of One Cause platform for related special events, ensuring strong online presence for event.
- Work with Event Coordinator to input all event data, including attendees, gifts, auction items, purchases, etc. into Raiser’s Edge event module platform.
- Raiser's Edge Entry and Reporting
The three areas above measured by minimal errors in data, daily entry following internal guidelines and policies and ultimately proper reporting and data integrity.
- Following process for initiatives such as the Monthly Memory Makers (ex. Mailing welcome gift, corresponding as appropriate, updating credit card information, etc);
- Assisting with sending event and marketing materials as directed by the Event Coordinator;
- Preparing New Donor Mailing Monthly;
Organizing and sending all major internal development mailings and proposals, with use of volunteers as available, including but not limited to:
- Annualized and Event Sponsorships
- Tax receipt mailings
- Monthly Donor Mailings
- Assisting Chief Advancement Officer and Event Coordinator with tasks as needed, including occasional event preparation and attendance;
- Assisting with answering phones and office operation when Office Coordinator is out of office or needs assistance;
- Researching potential donors as directed by Development team;
- Working with Program and Operations Officer to ensure effective use of volunteers in administratively heavy tasks.
- Using knowledge of Salesforce, assist Program and Operations Officer with data related to program and Salesforce implementation.
Measured by processes followed, success in mailing items in efficient manner, supporting development staff in a proactive manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Candidate must be able to work independently, take initiative and problem solve.
- Individual will be well organized, able to multitask well and have excellent computer skills.
- Team player, willing to assist other staff members with tasks.
- Individual will have excellent people skills, as they will be engaging with FPS constituents.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional office experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce preferred.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to the attention of Cheryl Pompeo, email@example.com