Philadelphia 19139, Pennsylvania
Since 1915, Families Forward Philadelphia has been dedicated to the same mission – to provide information, advice, guidance, protection and shelter…originally targeted to travelers. We continue this legacy 100 years later by meeting the needs of Philadelphia’s homeless families. We offer a full range of supportive services to achieve our mission to help homeless families become healthy, productive, and self-reliant. Families Forward works closely with the City of Philadelphia’s Office of Homeless Services to help families transition back into the economic mainstream, obtain permanent housing, and lead healthy, fully-realized lives.
The Chief Operations Officer is responsible for oversight and execution of Families Forward operations including: our Community Housing Program (CHP), Family Residence (Emergency Shelter), and Education Department. Working with the CEO and the Families Forward Leadership Team, the COO will develop organizational policies, tools, and goals to align with strategic and annual plans. The COO must be a value driven leader who is passionate about solving the issue of family homelessness in Philadelphia. All the while recognizing that this is a collaborative process across numerous sectors including housing, education, workforce development, mental health and recovery, and city government.
- BA/BS minimum, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of executive experience in an applicable setting (i.e. large corporate or nonprofit business, affordable housing, social services and community development.)
- 5+ years of experience managing individuals and teams, preferably in the residential setting.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB:
- Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Often required to climb stairs to access various offices and to attend meetings.
- Ability to travel to and from meetings and appointments in locations and times when public transportation is unavailable
To Apply: Please email resume (CV) to [email protected]