Communications & Marketing Manager
Gladwyne 19035, Pennsylvania
Riverbend Environmental Education Center seeks a highly motivated Communications and Marketing Manager to support a dynamic, growing non-profit. Based in Gladwyne, Pennsylvania, Riverbend facilitates authentic learning experiences for children through a direct connection with nature and science. Offering a rich array of programs, Riverbend creates awareness, builds knowledge and provides the foundation for students to make good environmental decisions. Riverbend serves 35,000 teachers, students and adults annually, including 23,500 school students onsite in Gladwyne and in place in area schools. Part of Riverbend’s mission is to deliver STEM education to underserved students in their school districts.
The Communications & Marketing Manager is charged with the development and execution of the marketing and communications plan to significantly enhance and amplify Riverbend’s brand regionally.
The office setting is often fast-paced and requires the ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines. Candidates should be comfortable in a smaller, informal work environment.
The Communications & Marketing Manager reports to the Executive Director. Candidates must be able to drive, have a personal automobile and valid insurance.
This is full-time, salaried position.
- The Executive Director to advance Riverbend’s Strategic Goal to establish a strong public identity
- The Development Director on marketing and communications relative to donor relations
- The Director of Education & Strategic Initiatives on advertising and communications relative to education programs Develop and implement a strategic communications plan for marketing and PR that serves our key stakeholders
- Create and manage content and key messaging consistent with Riverbend’s branding strategy across all channels
- Develop media and channel distribution strategy, including paid, earned and owned media
Current promotional efforts for which the job holder would be responsible include:
- Plan, create, edit and produce newsletter, special event invitations and other communications materials in collaboration with external graphic designer
- Design and produce in-house brochures and promotional mailings, ex. education brochure, camp brochure, etc.
- Generate e-newsletter and e-news updates
- Manage website content and updates
- Update, direct and implement social media plan including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Manage small advertising budget for education programs ($?)
- Where appropriate develop agency relationships and establish and maintain print and digital media contacts
- Coordinate all in-kind contributions to school and non-profit organization auctions
- Develop a list of key FAQs that align with Riverbend’s brand platform
- Conduct brand strategy and communication trainings that empower internal stakeholders with the information and key messaging to speak consistently about Riverbend
- Help to identify and further develop on-site branded moments
Monitor and evaluate outcomes of communications strategies
- Minimum of undergraduate degree plus 3 to 5 years of communications, marketing or similar experience
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years’ experience managing colleagues and vendors; direct report management a plus
- Demonstrated success creating and implementing communications strategy across all channels
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite software
- Proficiency with web content management platforms
- Experience with email marketing software, such as Constant Contact
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Familiarity with small non-profit business
- Creative ability as demonstrated via portfolio
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Comfortable in a small, informal but fast-paced and results-oriented work environment
- Ability to direct and manage projects and people as well as collaborate as an individual contributor
- Demonstrated flexibility in meeting shifting demands and priorities
- Articulate written and verbal communicator
Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a team-oriented environment.
Riverbend offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume to Laurie Bachman, Executive Director; [email protected]. No phone calls please.
Contact: Laurie Bachman
E-Mail: [email protected]