Communications Manager (part-time)
Philadelphia 19106, Pennsylvania
The Pennsylvania Humanities Council is looking for a Communications Manager (part-time) to manage external communications and media relations to increase the visibility of the Pennsylvania Humanities Council (PHC), its programs, and its advocacy efforts.
This is an Exempt positon that reports to the Director of Communications and mantains other regular relationships with:
- Executive Director
- Director of Programs & Special Projects
- Senior Program Officer
- Director of Development
- Senior Writer, Development
- Program and Communications Associate
- Outside vendors such as graphic designers, photographers, and videographers.
- Immediate Subordinates: Interns when available
Essential Functions/Specific Responsibilities:
- With the Director of Communications, creates and executes annual communications plans for PHC and its program areas.
- Leads day-to-day production for and maintenance of PHC’s website.
- Oversees PHC’s social media presence, including planning, posting, and monitoring content for all PHC social media channels.
- Develops effective strategies to engage media.
- Develops content for website, e-newsletters, media campaigns, and public presentations. Includes writing articles, blog posts, talking points, remarks, press releases, and other copy; enlisting internal and external authors as necessary; researching and/or selecting images; overseeing video production; and building web pages, newsletter layouts, and slide presentations.
- With the Director of Communications, leads the planning and implementation of public meetings, webinars, and other events.
- Represents PHC in meetings, events, conference calls, etc., as assigned.
- Assists with administrative tasks as assigned.
- Participates in PHC sponsored events and other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in public relations, marketing, communications, or media.
- Excellent communication skills and visual sense, with the ability to speak, write, and design messages in various formats for different audiences.
- Able to think strategically, juggle multiple priorities, and manage time effectively.
- Able to work independently or in teams.
Passion for the humanities, and personal values consistent with PHC’s mission.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume (and additional writing samples optionally) to [email protected]