PHILADELPHIA 19133, Pennsylvania
Congreso is a multi-service nonprofit organization whose mission is to strengthen Latino communities through social, economic, education, and health services; leadership development and advocacy. Founded in Philadelphia in 1977, Congreso has grown into a national thought leader on nonprofit performance management with an expert focus on the Latino community. Congreso is anchored by its innovative Primary Client Model (PCM™), and provides direct services to residents of the Philadelphia region while providing consult to other nonprofits and government systems nationally.
The Budget Analyst is responsible for reviewing program and admin budgets, salary allocations, assigning contract numbers and maintaining reports. The Analyst must be a self-directed, independent thinker who works with a complex set of contracts and collaborates well with leadership programmatic teams.
- Manage salary allocations for agency, ensuring that resource usage is maximized within appropriate contract timeframes.
- Attend and participate in monthly salary allocation meetings with the program division.
- Review budgets to ensure they are correct before Officer signatures and submission to funders.
- Ensure approved contract budgets are updated in the database within 48 hours.
- True up FTE costs monthly and conduct analysis regularly.
- Approve hiring packages from fiscal perspective.
- Assign contract numbers.
- Maintain and process budget reports (within Management Reporter).
- Reconcile admin salaries invoiced to programs quarterly and review analysis with fiscal leadership.
- Upload Board approved budget into financial system.
- Support annual agency budgeting process including preparation of divisional spreadsheets and review for accuracy.
- Provide back up to the Sr Vice President of Finance as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Career Pathway: Finance):
All Staff Competencies
- Basic understanding of Congreso’s mission, vision, values, programs and services, and business plan.
- Knowledge and understanding of the targeted community needs and demographics.
- Understanding of legal criteria for issues such as confidentiality, domestic abuse, child abuse, and mandated reporter requirements.
- Ability to provide nonviolent intervention with a high level of ethical standards of conduct, cultural sensitivity and within appropriate boundaries and limits.
- Ability to effectively use standard office equipment.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by compassionate, courteous, cordial, cooperative, and professional interaction with diverse groups of co-workers, external business partners, and the community.
- Ability to operate a computer and use a variety of common software programs including Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, UNIDAD, Great Plains, and customized databases.
- Adheres to all Congreso and departmental policies and procedures.
- Attends all Congreso in-services as required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and effectively communicate with individuals and groups.
Finance Staff Competencies
- Able to establish and maintain relationships with associates, auditors, representatives of industry, business and various other staff.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to meet deadlines in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Strong computer skills required including Microsoft Excel and experience with or ability to learn Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains Accounting System.
- Ability to work in a team structure – demonstrating ability to collaborate and contribute to the team’s work.
- Understanding of and implement accrual based accounting practices.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform accounts receivable procedures.
- Knowledge of Congreso’s automated financial management system and ability to identify and correct errors and to ensure accurate application of transactions.
- Ability to review and monitor expenditures against budget and make appropriate judgments regarding payments and purchases.
Experience, Education, and Licensure:
- Minimum 4 years accounting experience; Experience in a non-profit setting is required. Must be proficient in Excel.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Accounting, Business or other related field of study.
To apply, please visit: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=congresodl&jobId=206591&lang=en_US&source=CC3#
Congreso is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Congreso is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. All employment decisions at Congreso are made without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability or military/veteran status, or any other protected class as set forth under applicable State, Local and Federal Civil Rights Laws.
Contact: Senior VP of Finance Lisa Auerbach
Salary: Commensurate with Qualifications
E-Mail: [email protected]