Harleysville 19438, Pennsylvania
Located in Montgomery County, PA and a branch of the North Penn YMCA, the Indian Valley Branch is located on the campus of the Peter Becker Retirement Community. This Y facility was one of the first in the USA to be constructed on the property of a CCRC facility and is a model of collaboration. The Branch Executive will provide leadership to this 45,000 Sq/Ft full facility branch and manage a $3 million budget. serve approximately 10,000 members and 150 volunteers and provide direction to 7 FT and 35 PT staff. Programs include aquatics, wellness, before/after school, day care, group fitness and summer camp.
- Ensure effective development and utilization of employees through hiring, motivating, training, and establishing and monitoring performance of department heads.
- Prepares and is accountable for the branch operating budget and meets or exceeds budgeted goals.
- Directs efforts to meet board approved Strategic Plan and develop the annual operating plan of the branch.
- Develops and directs high quality member engagement strategies and programs which support branch and Association mission, goals and strategies.
- Ensure the safety and maintenance of high quality facilities, grounds, and equipment.
- Interpret the objectives, activities and programs of the Branch to the community through the written materials, use of the media and participating in community affairs.
- Assist with Association Annual Gift fund raising including coordination, leadership, attainment of goals, recruiting volunteers and staff with full knowledge of charitable YMCA programs, values and services provided to the community
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, and joining & participating in outside organizations/committees.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform any other functions as requested for the smooth and efficient operation of the North Penn YMCA Association.
- Requires Bachelor degree in human services, social services, business or related field.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience or proof of skills in scheduling, staffing, finances, and budgeting, preferably in a YMCA or other not-for-profit agency.
- Ability to direct total operations through volunteer development, supervision of staff and monitoring of budget, marketing and public relations and program development.
- Experience in management and development of volunteer involvement; ability to recruit top community leaders.
- CPR and First Aid certifications preferred
- Effective Communication Skills including written, verbal and presentation
- Must have strong collaborative work ethic
- Ability to interact with people of all ethnic backgrounds, ages, and lifestyles
- YMCA Multi-team/Branch Leader Certification preferred
To Apply: Please send resume/cover letter to Nancie DeCoursey at email@example.com