Bookkeeper - Part time
Philadelphia 19107, Pennsylvania
Susan G Komen Philadelphia is looking for an energetic, assertive, and self-motivated individual to join the finance department and serve as the part-time bookkeeper. The position requires that the incumbent act as a credible resource person who represents and implements all aspects of the Susan G. Komen mission. At times the candidate must work with some highly sensitive and confidential material.
- Process vendor invoices for proper accounting treatment and the issuance of payment by National Home Office.
- Maintain invoice document files.
- Work with vendors to resolve invoice issues.
- Assist key members of Executive staff with expense reimbursements.
- Process daily contributions and electronically deposit funds received.
- Access Race for the Cure donor database documentation for contributions received electronically via web-site.
- Summarize each of the above and record deposits into PeopleSoft accounting software.
- Work with Komen Philadelphia staff to help manage and account for receipt of funds from various sources like events held in our name by 3rd Parties.
- Access corporate web-sites and request release of employee giving documentation.
Donor Software Data Entry:
- Periodically assist fundraising efforts by working with donor databases.
- High School diploma plus 2 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Attention to detail; strong organizational skills; ability to work well under pressure and to prioritize tasks.
- Also required is the ability to work occasionally on weekends or evenings to support affiliate fundraising and mission activities.
- Thorough knowledge with Microsoft Windows & Office.
- Experience with Blackbaud's Raisers Edge, Run-Signup and Oracle's People Soft a plus.
- Ability to honor individual responsibilities and also participate in team efforts.
To Apply: Send resume with cover letter to John Joyce at [email protected]. No phone calls, please.