Assistant Director of Donor Relations
Lancaster 17604, Pennsylvania
Under the direction of the Director of Donor and Campaign Relations, the Assistant Director of Donor Relations plans, manages and executes high quality events designed to engage donors and volunteers and celebrate philanthropy including on-campus and off-campus events and volunteer group meetings. In addition, the assistant director coordinates the tracking and recognition of the College's most generous donors through established giving societies. The successful candidate will have a consistent attention to detail, a high standard for excellence and flexibility to execute high profile events of all sizes.
MAJOR DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, manage and execute annual donor recognition events including the fall Tribute Dinner and spring Tribute Reception.
- Support and coordinate meeting logistics of College Advancement's volunteer groups including Leadership Council, Parents Council, Board of Visitors and the Campaign Steering Committee.
- Plan and execute donor recognition events to celebrate extraordinary philanthropy to the College.
- Collaboratively plan and execute donor cultivation events including small donor gatherings, receptions and dinners which may be hosted by top volunteers, donors and prospects.
- Manage the donor recognition societies, including tracking, welcome letters, honor rolls and special recognition.
- Make procedural and process change recommendations to enhance efficiency and achieve departmental goals.
- Produce, compile, organize and distribute event production materials.
- Collaborate with College Communications on preparation of event materials.
- Coordinate event logistics with Catering, Facilities and Operations, ITS and external vendors as needed.
- Identify and solve problems during events.
- Work collaboratively with College Advancement team members to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Be an ambassador of the College, its mission and College Advancement.
- Provide excellent service to internal and external constituents.
- Be well organized, goal oriented and demonstrate initiative.
Full-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff receive competitive starting pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health coverage, dental, vision, generous retirement savings plan contributions, education benefits for employees, spouses and dependent children, and enjoy access to all College facilities including dining venues to suit all tastes, recreation and fitness facilities, and libraries, plus access to College performances, lectures, and events.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Prior event planning experience preferred.
- Must adhere to College privacy expectations and assure proper stewardship of sensitive and confidential data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and willingness to learn College Advancement systems and tools.
- Must be able to carry out the physical demands of events management, including standing for long periods of time, carrying event materials, rearranging chairs, etc.
- Must have a genuine interest in the College's alumni, its students, its current projects and its reputation.
- The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
Because this position requires driving for College business, the successful candidate must possess a U.S. or Canadian driver's license which has been valid for at least two years, have a driving record that is free from excessive motor vehicle violations within the last three years, and have had no convictions in the last 24 months for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks, a criminal background verification, and verification of credentials. The College will coordinate these verifications.
For more information and to apply, please visit www.fandm.edu/jobs.
Contact: Human Resources