Assistant Director of Development & Major Gifts
MALVERN 19355, Pennsylvania
Valley Forge Educational Services (VFES) is a nonprofit organization providing educational, adult employment and recreational programs in support of our mission — to prepare children and adults with special needs to realize their potential as contributing members of the community.
As our VFES programs and campus needs grow to meet the needs of the children and adults we serve, we seek to build our Development team with the addition of an Assistant Director. In this new role, the Assistant Director of Development & Major Gifts will be responsible for supporting strategic initiatives to expand the organization’s fundraising revenue.
Primary responsibilities include:
- cultivating and soliciting major individual donors and foundations;
- preparing funding requests;
- assisting with various donor communications; and
- planning and executing stewardship events, donor recognition activities and personal visits.
The Assistant Director will also support other development efforts including the annual appeal and Community Day.
As the Assistant Director of Development & Major Gifts, you must have:
- a bachelor’s degree (Communications, English, Business Administration or a related field);
- a minimum of 5 years fundraising experience, preferably in a non-profit, educational organization serving children and adults with special needs; and
- experience in the following fundraising areas is required: major gift solicitation of individual donors for new programs and/or buildings; grant research, writing, and stewardship of private foundations and corporations; annual fund and special events.
This is a full-time, year-round position with paid health and dental insurance, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and a 9% employer contribution to our retirement plan.
Interested candidates should apply via our link: https://www.applitrack.com/vfes/onlineapp/
Contact: Director of Human Resources
Mailing Address: 1777 North Valley Road, Malvern, PA 19355