Assistant Director of Development
Malvern 19355, Pennsylvania
Valley Forge Educational Services (VFES) is a nonprofit organization providing educational programs and clinical services in support of our mission — to prepare children and adults with special needs to realize their potential as contributing members of the community.
As VFES enters the initial phase of our capital campaign, we seek to build our Development team with the addition of an Assistant Director. In this new role, the Assistant Director of Development will be responsible for supporting strategic initiatives to expand the organization’s fundraising revenue. Primary responsibilities include: cultivating individual donors and foundations; preparing funding requests; assisting with various donor communications; and planning and executing stewardship events, donor recognition activities and personal visits. The Assistant Director will also support other development efforts including the annual appeal and Community Day.
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Business Administration or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years fundraising experience, preferably in a non-profit, educational organization serving children and adults with special needs.
- Experience with grant identification, research, writing, and stewardship of private foundations and corporations.
- Experience with major gift solicitation of individual donors for new programs, capacity building and capital campaign experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent writing, analytical and research skills. Knowledge of correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines.
This is a full-time, year-round position with full benefits --- paid health and dental insurance, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and a 9% employer contribution to our retirement plan.
- Applications will be accepted through February 1, 2018.
- The anticipated start date for this position is early March, 2018.
To apply for this position, interested applicants should e-mail their Cover Letter, Salary Expectations, and Resume to [email protected].