Annual Fund Officer/Alumni Coordinator
Philadelphia 19129, Pennsylvania
Mercy Career & Technical High School is a private, urban career and technical high school sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy.
Within a 21st century learning environment, we provide a Catholic education and a comprehensive, academic, career and technical school experience which prepares students for the workforce and/or post-secondary education.
Mercy Career & Technical High School is seeking an Annual Fund Officer/Alumni Coordinator with at least three years of experience in an advancement/development office.
- Full-time, 12 month position reporting directly to the Director of Advancement
- Researches, writes, submits and tracks grant proposals to foundations and other potential funding sources
- Coordinates Annual Fund Appeal, Annual Report and other related projects to meet the fundraising objectives of the department
- Assists in all aspects of planning and implementing special event activities for the school that impact fundraising
- Plays an integral role in assisting the Advancement and Marketing team to expand our ability to reach current donors and attract new constituents
- Works in conjunction with the Advancement Services Coordinator to manage the Student Ambassador Program
- Works as Alumni Coordinator to:
- Build and maintain a robust alumni association
Plan, coordinate and oversee all alumni events
- Minimum of three years of experience working in an advancement /development office
- Relevant computer skills: Gmail, social media, Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office suite and Google docs
- Demonstrates the ability to build, foster and maintain relationships with both internal and external constituencies including administrators, faculty, trustees, business leaders, volunteer leaders, students, donors and prospects
- Appreciation and passion for the mission of the Mercy Career & Technical High School
- Strong communication skills to express orally and in writing, Mercy Career & Technical High School’s mission and fundraising goals with clarity, passion and persuasion
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Willing to travel locally and sometimes work nights and weekends.
To Apply: Qualified candidates may send cover letter and resume to: Sr. Rosemary Herron at [email protected]