Jenkintown 19046, Pennsylvania
SDHP is a state-wide organization with more than 24 years’ experience leading an array of accessible housing initiatives in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Since our formation in 1994, we have continuously been motivated by our mission to promote self-determination in housing for low-income individuals with disabilities and older adults. We have been promoting self-determination and control in the field of accessible housing by providing outreach to relevant social service organizations, conducting fair housing education and trainings across multiple counties, performing home modifications on behalf of low-income individuals with disabilities, and providing educational programing to all consumers with disabilities with the knowledge to become more informed home owners and renters.
We have successfully affected public policy in the housing sector through sustained system advocacy for close to two decades. Through our Regional Housing Coordinator and our Fair Housing Education initiatives, since 2004, we have proactively been connecting state and county government services, social service providers, housing providers, financial and lending institutions, and providing them with technical assistance and trainings to generate real-time awareness regarding the housing needs of low-income individuals with disabilities in the Commonwealth.
SDHP is accepting applications for the position of Administrative Assistant. This position reports to the Manager of Operations and Outreach and is a full-time hourly position (32 hours per week). Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. This position may require some occasional travel throughout the Commonwealth.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support in a variety of functions to the Executive Director, and to the management staff on an as needed basis. The Administrative Assistant collects, reviews, analyzes, and organizes incoming and outgoing internal and external documents and correspondences in accordance with internal organizational policies and procedures. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant prepares a variety of documents, correspondences, reports, charts, and other presentation materials on behalf of the Executive Director and the management team. The Administrative Assistant is responsible to respond to and/or route routine inquiries from external parties such as government agencies, offices of legislators, partnering organizations, other stakeholders, and schedule and coordinate meetings, travel, and other activities on behalf of the Executive Director and the organization.
Individuals with disabilities, veterans, members of other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to allow qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
We offer a generous and competitive benefits package to all SDHP employees, including health, dental, and life insurance benefits, generous paid time off policy, and opportunities for professional growth.
General Responsibilities of the Position:
- Provides ongoing administrative support in a variety of functions to the Executive Director, and to the management staff on an as needed basis.
- Collects, reviews, analyzes, and organizes incoming and outgoing internal and external documents and correspondences in accordance with internal organizational policies and procedures.
- Prepares a variety of documents, correspondences, reports, charts, spreadsheets, and other presentation materials on behalf of the Executive Director and the management team.
- Responds to and/or route routine telephone and written inquiries from external parties and partners in a courteous and timely manner.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, travel, and other activities on behalf of the Executive Director.
- Attends relevant local and regional meetings, conferences, and seminars with the Executive Director, as required.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies and ensures that relevant office materials and documents are kept up to date at all times.
- Tracks incoming invoices, travel receipts/expenses, and other financial statements for proper filing and recordkeeping.
- Participates in staff development opportunities together with regional team for shared learning.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and related products, Adobe Pro, and Windows PC
- Working knowledge of Google G-Suite technologies, including Google calendar
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail
- Strong oral and written presentation skills
- Ability to use and interact with CRM technology and electronic information management systems
- Team player
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to learn from others
- Ability to interact constructively with individuals with opposing viewpoints
- Proactive, punctual, and excellent work ethic
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree (required)
- Two to three years’ experience working an administrative capacity in an office setting
- Experience working with standard office Word Processing Software (required)
- Experience working with people with disabilities a plus
- Familiarity working with CRM technology a plus
Interested applicants, please submit a resume, cover letter, and a writing sample of no more than two pages to email@example.com, with the following in the subject line: SDHP2019-OAA.
NO calls to the office, please.
SDHP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We openly celebrate a diverse workforce. We do not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. We hire, promote, discipline, or discharge personnel solely based on business needs, merit, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.