Instructional Designer (Math)
Bala Cynwyd 19004, Pennsylvania
Reporting to the Director of Education, the Instructional Designer will create a broad range of instructional materials related to Decision Education, with a focus on integrating Decision Education content and skills into Mathematics curricula, standards, and assessments. The Instructional Designer will have the opportunity to dive into an emerging field and to use their existing expertise and creativity to make a lasting social impact.
The Instructional Designer will work closely with one to two other Instructional Designers focusing on other subject areas, as well as other members of the staff.
- Developing and revising a wide range of instructional materials, including lesson plans, worksheets, video scripts, and full curricula
- Crafting other written materials, such as blogs and articles
- Gaining an in-depth understanding of all relevant aspects of Decision Education
- Be familiar with current instructional design methodologies and new developments in Decision Education and related fields
- Providing revisions, guidance, or other feedback to other field participants regarding instructional materials
We seek an experienced, innovative educator and/or instructional designer with a desire to learn about a new field and the ability to produce top-notch instructional materials.
Qualifications of ideal candidates include:
- Masters in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Math Education or a related field
- 5-10 years of experience as a teacher and/or instructional designer in Math or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Outstanding project management skills
- Analytical and critical thinker
- Highly collaborative style; able to effectively give and receive feedback
- Ability to adapt to changing development conditions and focus
- High energy, emotional maturity, and integrity
- Responsible and conscientious with a strong attention to detail
- In-depth understanding of the entire MS Office and Google Suite
- Experience or interest in cognitive science is a plus
To Apply: Please email your resume, a cover letter (stating minimum salary requirements), and at least three examples of instructional materials you’ve developed to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2019.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience, and we offer a generous benefits package and paid time off policy. The Alliance for Decision Education is an equal opportunity employer.