Director of Institutional Advancement
Philadelphia 19122, Pennsylvania
In order to promote social harmony and inter-religious understanding, Interfaith Philadelphia equips individuals and communities for interfaith engagement, builds collaborative relationships, and stands in solidarity with our diverse neighbors.
Since our founding in 2004, Interfaith Philadelphia has challenged Philadelphians to dare to understand one another. Our bold vision is to have our region reflect the vibrancy of a religiously diverse democracy, one in which all people are valued, distinctive traditions are welcomed, and people of diverse backgrounds collaborate to shape a just and compassionate society.
Summary of Position
Interfaith Philadelphia seeks a Director of Institutional Advancement to further its strong track record of generating support for its operating needs. The organization is poised for growth and is building its internal development staff to identify and solicit new potential sources of revenue. This will include growing our existing foundation portfolio; managing relationships with individual and prospective donors; managing various fundraising events, including sporting events and our annual Dare to Understand Award fundraiser; and providing assistance to the Executive Director in all aspects of development and fundraising.
The Director of Institutional Advancement is responsible for developing and implementing a multi-pronged Development Plan, to achieve a FY2020 Budget of $703,000, and supervising key development and program staff to accomplish organizational goals. The Director of Institutional Advancement is also responsible for developing and implementing an organization-wide evaluation plan, including evaluation tasks, data collection, and the interpretation of evaluation through reports and communications with internal and external partners. Finally, the Director of Institutional Advancement will manage all finance and budget responsibilities, including Finance and Development Committees, budget processes, and providing ongoing updates to the Board of Directors, Treasurer, and appropriate staff.
- Grant writing: Manage the identification, research, proposal writing and submission, reporting, and stewardship of ongoing foundation relationships.
- Individual donors: Engage in prospect research and tracking, cultivation and communication. Nurture relationships with Board of Directors, manage processes for gift requests, notifications, and thank yous. Supervise ongoing cultivation and solicitation opportunities with staff and Board of Directors.
- Fundraising events: Supervise, plan, and execute annual Dare to Understand Awards; supervise the Love ALL: Get on Court, Build Bridges, Connect Hearts event; manage and deploy other creative fundraising endeavors.
- Corporate: Supervise a corporate strategy with multiple staff members, including identifying sponsorship opportunities, engaging in ongoing conversations, securing funds, reporting on activities
- Development Committee: Supervise staff leadership of this committee, including meeting preparation, minutes, and deepening relationships with the Development Committee; Identify opportunities to position the Center and its work within diverse sectors
- Supervision: full supervision of Community Partnerships Manager, Community Program Associate, and Passport Consultant
- Maintain fluency with the field of interfaith relations, and the Center’s role to shape and gain investment in our mission, vision, principles and programs.
- Finance Committee: Plan quarterly finance committee meetings; Provide treasurer with necessary information; Engage in ongoing conversations with Board Treasurer, President and Executive Director to understand the current state of finances and whether our current strategies will ensure we are meeting our financial goals.
- Ongoing Budget Review: Work with Office Manager to ensure Quickbooks and SF are correct; Review finances monthly or more often; Work with Treasurer to updated expected numbers in the current FY budget.
- Budget and Planning Process for Fiscal Year: Work with Executive Director to develop budget and planning process for upcoming Fiscal year; Finalize with Finance committee and Executive Committee before being brought forward to the entire Board of Directors.
- Evaluation Plan: Develop evaluation plan, including goals and objectives for evaluation and system-wide processes to ensure effectiveness of our work. Meet with staff twice per year to finalize plans and follow up on progress.
- Data Management: Work with Communications Director, Office Manager, and Community Program Associate to ensure data is appropriately being tracked and updated in a meaningful way.
- Data Interpretation: Develop annual reports that share our impact and outcomes to the broader community, including funders, donors, and community partners
- Strategic Lens: Communicate results from evaluation to staff and engage staff in ongoing conversations to ensure our learning is being integrated and our programs are adapting according to what we are learning, what the community wants, and what has the greatest impact.
The Director of Institutional Advancement reports to the Executive Director.
Contact: Stephanie Peddicord
Salary: Commensurate with experience