Database and Development Coordinator
West Chester 19380, Pennsylvania
Community Volunteers in Medicine was founded in 1998 as a free clinic primarily staffed by volunteers. To this day, CVIM continues to be committed to its founding objective – increasing access to high quality primary medical and dental care and prescription medications for uninsured, vulnerable families living in poverty in the Chester County region – the working poor who have no place to turn for care. Providing healthcare, hope and healing for over 20 years, CVIM has become a nationally-recognized non-profit healthcare provider. From our humble beginnings as the region’s first volunteer-based clinic to our current medical facility in West Chester, we remain steadfast in our mission to provide free healthcare to individuals in need throughout the Chester County region.
Why Work at Community Volunteers in Medicine? Our volunteers and employees speak highly of the work environment at CVIM. With a history spanning over 20 years, the desire to save and improve lives is at the core of all we do. Generosity and compassion are what makes CVIM – they are the hallmarks of who we are – our heartbeat. Community volunteers (doctors, nurses, dentists and support professionals) spend their expert time offering free, high-quality care with their skills to patients. These patients are seen daily at our healthcare center and are tremendously grateful for being treated with compassion and dignity. It is an incredible privilege for CVIM to touch people’s lives in such a profound way.
The Database and Development Coordinator is a key member of Community Volunteers in Medicine’s development team, managing the donor database and providing overall support for the department. Under the supervision of the Vice President of Development, the position is responsible for overall management of the donor database, daily gift processing, acknowledgement process, statistical reporting, mailing list management, and donor/prospect research, as well as, supporting the administrative needs of the development department.
This is a Part time position at Community Volunteers in Medicine in West Chester, PA with an opportunity for a full-time role.
- Manage all facets of CVIM’s development database (Donor Perfect) – daily gift processing, tracking gift/financial and biographical information on new, current and potential donors.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the database, including constituent records, coding (fund/appeal) and data entry.
- Responsible for the timely acknowledgement process for all gifts received.
- Preparation and segmentation of donor lists in preparation for mailings.
- Run analytical reports for Development team, Committee and Board meetings, reconcile with Finance Director.
- Maintain up to date gift processing policies and procedures in conjunction with the VP of Development and Finance Director.
- Assist with fundraising and cultivation strategies by tracking relevant donor/prospect information (biographical, financial, philanthropic interests & giving history) and make creative connections between people, events, programs, and their associated circles.
- Prepare appropriate & accurate donor research profiles, reports, and other basic research.
- Monitor market trends and media sources for relevant information on current donors.
- Point of contact with printers and mail-fulfillment vendors. Manage supplies.
- Provide clerical support to development as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required and two to five years of development support and data entry experience preferred (equivalent education/work experience will be considered).
- Advanced working knowledge of Donor Perfect or other donor databases a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with an understanding of data driven measurements and tools.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills.
- Initiative and independence in carrying out responsibilities.
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy in donor records.
- Operate with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of CVIM.
- Must demonstrate an informed, culturally competent approach to providing services and interacting with staff and patients.
To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com